H2S Analyse & VPP (updated documents)
- Mã sản phẩm: h2svpp
- Nhà sản xuất: Stanhope Seta - Anh
- Giá :
Liên hệ đặt hàng: 0989504115
ENERGY INSTITUTE METHODOLOGY UPDATE
The latest version of the method is IP 570/12 and this can be downloaded from the Energy Institute web site.
IP 570/12 contains precision for distillate fuels as well as amendments to section 6, with advice on sample
IP 570/12 continues to be developed, and two initiatives are currently work in progress with the H2S Task
Group under subcommittee G5.
1. A round robin is planned in February 2012 for the VPP accessory – more details follow.
2. The sub-committee recognise that sampling is key as studies have shown that samples can easily
lose their H2S. Work is being conducted in this area and it is likely that IP 570 will be further
amended to improve sample handling advice.
ROUND ROBIN FEBRUARY 2012
The Energy Institute standardisation committee has scheduled a new round robin to include the new VPP for
14-15 February 2012. A successful outcome will enable precision to be generated for the methodology using
the VPP. A further revision to IP 570 can therefore be expected in Q2, 2012, in time for the July 1st deadline
for measurement of H2S specified in ISO 8217.
SETA WORKSHOP 13TH JANUARY 2012
On 13th January 2012 three H2S Analysers fitted with the new VPP accessory were run by members of the
Energy Institute H2S/IP 570 Task Group at Stanhope-Seta’s offices in Chertsey. 16 industry professionals
from Refineries, Testing Laboratories and Research Departments had the opportunity to gain hands on
experience with the new equipment. The tests demonstrated that the VPP met all expectations with the
removal of interfering chemicals, allowing the precise measurement of the H2S content.
Also on show were FIJI (FAME in Jet Instrument – IP 583) and AvCount (Automatic Particle Counter – IP
565). Additionally, Mike Sherratt gave an update on ASTM, IP and ISO activities and information about how
to upgrade the H2S analyser to include the VPP was also presented.
H2S TEST METHODS UPDATE – ASTM DECEMBER 2011
IP 570/D7621 jointed
– Distillates precision presented to SCE and Marine Fuels Section in Baltimore and in New
– New distillates precision, and alignment with IP 570 wording, will eventually be balloted for
inclusion in D7621
Significance and Use in methods rationalized for:
– D5705 Vapour phase/draeger tubes
– D6021 Liquid phase/lead acetate /chemiluminescence
– D7621 Liquid phase/electrochemical detector
All passed sub-committee ballot with D02 ballot due for Q1, 2012
Seta has commenced manufacture of a significant number of units which will be available to the market from
late February 2012.
The final date to purchase the VPP upgrade and guarantee delivery before the July 1st 2012 deadline is
projected to be May 15th 2012.
1. VPP flyer
2. Measuring H2S in marine fuels
3. H2S VPP upgrade and Parts update